Why Is My Air Conditioner Making Noise?
Strange noises coming from the air conditioning (AC) system in your Clinton Township home could be unsettling. After all, few things are more stressful than having a broken-down air conditioner in the middle of summer.
Approximately 75 percent of all homes in the United States have an air conditioning system, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Whether you have a newer model or an older one, hearing your air conditioning system make a sound you’ve never heard before should warrant concern—and a call to our Great Dane Heating & Air Conditioning professionals.
Our experts can step in to help you feel comfortable inside your own Michigan home again.
What Noises Should I Be Concerned About My AC Making?
Some noises your air conditioning system could make that may be a cause for concern include:
- Banging—This sound could be the result of a problem with your compressor, blower, or motor.
- Grinding—A grinding sound could mean your blower or motor is damaged or not working correctly.
- Clicking—If you hear a continuous clicking sound coming from your AC, your thermostat may be the culprit.
- Buzzing—Hear your AC making a buzzing noise? There may be an issue with the fan blades in your outdoor unit or another cooling component.
- Humming—A humming sound may not be a problem at all, especially if your air conditioner regularly makes this noise. However, if you don’t typically hear your system making a humming noise, you may have an electrical problem—something you should address right away.
- Screeching—A broken or blocked fan motor in the outdoor unit could cause this noise. Alternatively, this sound could be due to a blower fan motor problem.
- Squealing—Similar to a screeching sound, a squealing sound may indicate an issue with your blower fan motor.
How Do I Know If I Will Need My AC Repaired or Replaced?
Without one of our Great Dane Heating & Air Conditioning professionals performing a thorough inspection on your air conditioning system, it’s hard to say whether a particular sound warrants a repair or replacement. Any time you hear your air conditioning system making an unusual sound, give our team of professionals a call so that we can evaluate the situation.
During your service call, we will perform a diagnostics check and confirm the problem. From there, we will discuss with you the best course of action to take so your air conditioning system works correctly and provides you with the comfort you deserve.
Concerned About Your AC? Give Our Experts a Call
If you’re feeling uneasy about the noise your air conditioning system is making in your Clinton Township, MI, home, reach out to our Great Dane Heating & Air Conditioning experts. Whether the issue is minor or major, we will provide you with an effective solution. Call us at 586-790-2604 or request service online.