May Product of the Month – Aprilaire Dehumidifier
You may remember the water cycle from elementary school science: evaporation, condensation, and precipitation. What you might not realize is that the water cycle is always taking place in the air you’re breathing, even when you’re spending time inside.
“Humidity” is a measure of water vapor in the air. Dehumidifiers remove or minimize this water vapor.
A dehumidifier is an important tool to help reduce humidity in your house, prevent moisture-related problems and improve your air quality. Similar to how a humidifier helps to add moisture, a dehumidifier can be especially useful in the basement, crawl space or bathroom–areas of your home that tend to have excessive moisture.
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
There are several benefits to getting a dehumidifier in your home, basement, apartment, or office space.
- Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
- They are not disruptive to your daily life and run quietly and efficiently in the background without most people even noticing.
- Dehumidifiers help reduce odors that can accompany mold and mildew in your home—getting rid of that “musty” or “rotting” smell.
- These devices help to reduce the possibility that you will develop mold on your clothing, furniture, and other linens (such as curtains or bed sheets).
- Dehumidifiers reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier and feel comfortable in your home.
- Running a dehumidifier helps reduce dust in your home, so you won’t have to clean as often.
- A dehumidifier also lowers energy costs because it helps your air conditioner run more efficiently. When the air in your home is more humid, the A/C must do the function of cooling the air and removing moisture, which means it has to work harder. This also causes your A/C to wear out sooner, which means you will need to replace and repair it more often.
Contact us for more details, or to schedule your installation today!